SSANZ has an announcement, and we are announcing now – because no one likes waiting for the inevitable- when the answer is already apparent.

Sadly the Lewmar D Race will not be going ahead on Saturday 30th of October while Auckland remains at Level 3 Step 1.

We are gutted this race can’t happen as planned and want to say a MASSIVE thanks to our sponsors Lewmar, Kiwi Yachting, Baltic Lifejackets, Doyle Sails and PIC Insurance Brokers. These guys have been massive supporters of SSANZ for many years and have stuck by us and supported us, and we appreciate it! Please support those that support us – in the good times and bad!

Unfortunately the current climate and uncertainty means we can’t reschedule this race in 2021 – but we are pretty confident that as soon as rules allow everyone will be keen to get into the wider Auckland Summer Sailing Program which will be jam packed with awesome events given all the postponements happening at the moment.

So for SSANZ – the AP Flags flying on the Lewmar Delta Race, and will have to wait until 2022 for the next instalment of epic two handed yacht racing SSANZ style.

Stay safe, go for a sail, enjoy the sun and bring on some yacht racing of some style as soon as it’s allowed!

2020 RACE 2

2020 RACE 1

2019 RACE 3

2019 RACE 2

2019 RACE 1

2018 RACE 3

2018 RACE 2

2018 RACE 1